On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 05:46:08PM +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:
> That most definitely isn't a cron job running with it's output
> disappearing into a mail queue the user does not even know about ...
> it's a tray applet that works in GNOME and KDE, and changes colour based
> on whether there are updates or not (IIRC, it's been a while since I
> last installed RH to see what they have been up to).

Humm... but now how do you decide who ends up with that tray applet
running?  I favored the cron solution because it is the most likely to
be useful across a wide variety of systems and applications.  However, I
do see the benefit of doing it with a tray applet.  And I do understand
the issues with cron jobs piling up undelivered mail...

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"What upsets me is not that you lied to me, but that from now on I can
no longer believe you." -- Nietzsche