On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 18:40, paul mccarthy wrote:
> I do not understand what part of the message you consider a "useless rant"
> or why you say that I am not being sufficiently "polite".  I have always
> considered the Mandrake packaging of Linux to be the best available and the
> installation script especially helpful.   I have also noticed that Mandrake
> keeps changing the install script, probably in an attempt to make the
> installation even smoother and easier.
>
> I was always able to install previous versions of Mandrake Linux without
> difficulties. I am merely reporting what I consider to be an unhelpful
> change in the script.  My suggestions are:
>
> 1.  The expert install should be an option in the script rather than a
> command line parameter, as it was before.

Inaccurate. There has always been a "command line parameter" (well,
kernel option, to be accurate) way of launching an expert install. There
continues to be one, but the overall option of expert or normal within
the GUI has been removed in favour of individual expert choices at
various stages of the install. The rationale for this has been
explained, if you search the archive.

> 2.  Options like which partition to install the bootloader on, and whether
> or not to create a boot floppy, should be clearly visible on the screen
> rather than something one has to scroll off the screen to find, or click an
> advanced tab.

Since this has changed, it's obviously been changed for a reason. What
makes you think your opinion will cause the change to be reverted?
--
adamw