On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 12:42, François Pons wrote:
> Adam Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > The following packages have to be removed for others to be upgraded:
> > evolution-1.4.3-1mdk.i586 (due to missing libcom_err.so.3) (y/N) n
> >
> > My options there are: hit Y and lose Evolution, or hit N and get nothing
> > installed. Surely there should now be an option to install everything
> > but the package(s) that want(s) Evolution to be removed?
>
> You can do a urpmi --auto-select --skip evolution ;-)

No, wouldn't work in that case. The problem with Evolution was that the
new Kerberos needed Evolution to be rebuilt; it was installing the new
Kerberos that would force Evolution to be removed, Evolution itself
wasn't the problem (indeed wasn't being updated in that --auto-select).
Sure, I could do urpmi --auto-select --skip kerberos (or libkrb or
whatever it is), but working out that kerberos was the problem wasn't
necessarily trivial, and urpmi can certainly work it out faster than I
can :)
--
adamw