Le mar 29/07/2003 à 14:30, Danny Tholen a écrit :
> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 11:00, François Pons wrote:
>

> > > tell Juan to include my supermount to make it possible :)
> >
> > Ah, does it means the current kernel doesn't support this functionnalities
> > ?
> Well, I have been trying to harrass Juan about this for a few months now. It
> would probably fix all the supermount bugs in bugzilla in one sweep. Plus it
> gives us some nice features like this one. But for some of these features
> apps have to be adepted. So we really need it a considerable time before a
> freeze.
>
> Juan, please? Patch for latest kernel is already done for you...

Maybe Juan is working on a better version ?
In fact I don't know ( and Juan silence concerning this is disturbing ),
but what I know is that we need a reliable and fully functionnal
supermount, or else we should better remove it and use autofs.
Why ? because many users installed mdk and when they have pb with their
CDROMS/floppy, they complain. In my network I had to remove all CDROM
and floppy in order to be peaceful. For some users I need the floppy and
the CD and many times I had this complaint : excuse me, but my floppy is
not working. It said unable to access floppy drive. bla bla bla.
Mount/umount ? bad idea because all this stations ( and of cources the
users ) where using windows before and having to deal with mount/umount
( even there are some applets ) will be a bad idea and a bad point for
linux.