"Andrey Borzenkov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Can you make /proc/fs/supermount/subfs owner the user who has control over the
> > floppy device ?
>
> the simplest way is to use pam_console to reassign ownership.
> I'll get a look. will it be OK?

Yes, but I didn't checked if it was not working, but since it is a big problem
if trying to umount the device, it will be much nicer to have this
functionnalities.

And yes, it still need to parse /etc/mtab (or maybe if the format fail, trying
to unlock the device and re-opens ?).

> > It is maybe already the case but it will be much safer to allow
> > the same user and only him to release the supermounted floppy.
> >

> "the same" - which one? I could add mout option to specify uid/gid
> but is it not bloat?
>
> I suggest trying pam_console first, if we hit problems. let's solve
> them. /proc/fs/supermount/subfs is available as soon as supermount
> modules is loaded so it does not depend on mounting/unmounting.

Yes, in fact I didn't check but checked umount was not working in such case.

François.