Pixel wrote:
> David Walser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Given that, it seems to me the best thing for services
>> we don't want enabled by default on installation, is
>> to just have them not run _post_service in the SPEC
>> file.  They'll get chkconfig --add run when they're
>> enabled, and they don't lose the list of runlevels
>> they should be run in.
>
> agreed (i don't see any pb doing so, except having rpmlint whining,
> but that's ok :)
>
> for example, packages that don't a working default config file should
> do this..

Great :D.  Luckily most of the packages I once thought shouldn't start by default have
either been improved, or I'm just only now smart enough to realize they're OK :o).
The only one that's still questionable in my eyes is ypbind.

For now, the only packages I know that did the "-" thing in their initscript are
apcupsd, nscd, and routed, so those need to be fixed.  Do you know of any others?

I'll fix apcupsd when 3.10.6 comes out, I guess rpmlint should be fixed too to not
complain.