My motherboard is a Tyan tiger.  I'd be surprised if
that was it.  - It's an old board.

I checked the logs.  I don't have them with me but I can
give some details.

After Partitioning and formating I got the error
package basesystem not found.  I checked the perl
script and this is definitely meant to die.

After that trying to procede will result in a divide by
zero error in the drive space allocation code.  It looks
like the initialization code got skipped because of the previous error.

On someone elses suggestion I tried using fdisk
to create my partitions.  - no difference in behavior.

The iso snapshot is from free.fr.  - I realize that the ext disk
image is hosed but I don't get that far along.

Eric