Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I made it to the package selection screen. i found that it wouldn't let
> me install everything I wanted. Even though I had 2 gig of /usr. I went
> back to the filesystem screen and deleted /home, resized /usr to 2.2 G
> and then recreated /home. I reformatted all partitions. When i got back
> to the select individual packages screen I would get the message 'Died'
> whenever I selected a package. I found myself in this state on more than
> one install.

Yep, we have problems when you go back at some points of DrakX.

> I decided to try automated install. - this time I got the 'missing
> Basesystem' error. followed by the expected 'divide by Zero' error.

Just tested it. With 2 Go as '/'. No problem for me.

> i went back and tried expert mode again. this time I only had to set the
> mount points. the install went ok. I chose to try XFree 4.0. I have a
> voodoo3 card. XFree failed miserably. I couldn't readily see how to
> switch back to 3.3 - I remember seeing it in the XFree 4.0 docs at one
> point but I decided to reinstall and select 3.3 this time. It took 3
> tries to get a new install again. I had the same problems.

You selected the "expert" class. Don't expect too much easiness in that
mode!!

> The machine is SCSI - ncr/symbios 53c875, voodoo3, and an ethernet. are
> pretty much it.

Some special problems with some SCSI configurations. But we can't do much
with those problems without having the same hardware configuration
problems, so either you can provide us with more information, or the bug
is buried for now..

--
Guillaume Cottenceau