On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Ainsi parlait Lea Gris :
> > This is shame we _pay for club_ and have this little support from
> > Mandrake Club.

Well, you were not given assurance that all packages from Club would be
supported, you joined MandrakeClub to support Mandrakesoft, mainly to
develop the distribution itslf (if you read the page describing the
benefits).

> What are you expecting from club packages anyway ? Their overall quality has
> always been crappy, as Denis always refused to enforce any kind of packaging
> policy.

Well, I hope you aren't saying the KDE packages are crappy, since they are
rebuilds from cooker ... so if they are, it would seem "Denis' refusal"
has nothing to do with package quality???

Also, Denis had to set the system up with constraints which make it
difficult to use existing tools for some checking. Anyway, please show
which of the current packages in test:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPM&type=testing
are crappy. Most of them are either cooker rebuilds, or have been uploaded
to contrib (with no errors from bots or rpmlint), or are improvements over
packages which were initially available in the comm source (ie done by
ysomeone internally, and fixed by a contributor after starting from
scratch). Or maybe you want to tell us which packages in free:
ftp://archive.sun.ac.za/mandrake/mandrake-devel/unsupported/MandrakeClub/9.1/SRPMS/
are so crappy?

Please don't just jump on the subject when the facts may not support your
favourite gripe with MandrakeClub.

The problem is that the person who uploaded them (fafane) seems to not
actually test installation via urpmi.

Lea, Mandrake Club staff may not read every single forum post, but they do
read a few, fafane replied to some threads in one of the articles on KDE
stuff. I don't see that you have bothered to post a message yet:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Splatt_Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=10351&forum=5
So I don't see why you are complaining here ... it would be better to note
it there, and possibly send email to fafane (his email is easy to find).

Otherwise, if nothing happens after you have tried, maybe someone else
will upload the packages to test (if you ask nicely instead of accusing
people first).

Regards,
Buchan

Please click on http://www.cae.co.za/disclaimer.htm to read our
e-mail disclaimer or send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a copy.