On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 03:09, jokerman64 wrote:
> OK, so here i am after p-chem lab and i open my mail and get the new "updated
> mandrake club" website mail. So i go and check it out, kinda excited to see
> if it's "worthy of me" now so that i can join and I see that it's still the
> same crappy site. lemme explain:
> 1. The fonts suck!
> 2. The fonts are sh*te
> 3. The fonts on all the mandrake site suck @$$.
> Yes, that is my one and only complaint. You see i don't care so much how
> things work if i'm not going to use them a lot as much as I care about how
> they look.

Agree 100%, assuming this means the site still has Helvetica set as its
preferred font. We've spent years in the distro fixing the reliance on
this ass-ugly piece of bitmap crap, so why does  the website of the damn
distro want to use it?! Since we now have such lovely fonts in Mandrake,
the website should have the default font set as "sans", so it actually
looks half acceptable. Sites that default to Helvetica bug me so much
I've actually wiped the font from my system (I tried setting up that
thing you can do in fonts.conf that make it use Vera in place of
Helvetica, but I could never make it work), so now the MDK page looks
okay to me, but this is a hack I should NOT have to use.
--
adamw