Le mer 10/09/2003 à 10:35, Buchan Milne a écrit :

> AFAIK, MandrakeClub now uses CSS for all style settings, and according
> to Denis, doesn't set any fonts (though I will check later), however,
> http://www.linux-mandrake.com is full of this junk:

>  - Mandrake 9.2RC2</b> - The second
> release-candidate of Mandrake Linux 9.2 is available for download and
> tests. Release informations and places to download are available <a
> href="92beta.php3">here</a>.

so they don't know how to use css, class, implicite class, etc ... ?
The problem is that many mdk site need to be redesigned.
The only one with a decent design is http://www.mandrakesoft.com others
are crap.

MandrakeClub :
- use others fonts
- remove the index in all language at the right side. The site should
detect the language of the browser and display the right page. If the
user want others languages, it will just click on a flag to see them.
If english version is more up to date that others languages version, yt
should be the only one to be displayed at the right side
- there should have at least 5px spacing between flags and text ( cf
left side with vertical align set to middle :

img
        {
                border: 0px none transparent;
                vertical-align: middle;
                margin : 5px;
        }

- link should not be underlined and should have a special color with a
color change for hover event, for example :

a:active
        {
        color: #0000FF;
        background-color: transparent;
        text-align: left;
        text-decoration: none ;
        }

a:visited
        {
        text-decoration: none ;
        text-align: left;
        }

a:link
        {
        text-decoration: none ;
        text-align: left;
        }

a:hover
        {
        color: #ff9900 ;
        background-color: transparent;
        text-decoration: none ;
        text-align: left;
        }

with gecko engine you can have hover with all elements ( span & div
include ). khtml support hover on most element. IE ... only links but
you will not have display problem. So they could remove the onmouseover
event for the menu at the top.

css site :
http://www.csszengarden.com/
http://www.csszengarden.com/tr/francais/
http://glish.com/css/

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/learning

> The same issue applies here, you should use instead:
>       font-family: arial, sans-serif, helvetica;

you should put Verdana before Arial as Arial sometimes is bolder than
other fonts.