Am Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:20:05 +0000 schrieb Adam Williamson:

> http://www.mandrakesoft.com/partners/advertising

> no.

I don't understand some peoples negative attitude towards advertizements.
A couple of month ago my company (a small OSS startup) has decided to
become a mdk partner for various reasons. At some point (depending on how
much money we will once invest into this partnership [which we haven't
done yet ...]) I think one can eventually expect some kind of pay-back.

Yes I know, there are lot's of really _great_ voluntary contributors to
mandrake that may dislike ad's as screensavers but who will eventually be
hurt by this?

I bet that all users at "a bit better than newbie"-level will be able to
install the regular screensavers as well. And in the end: screensavers
start up when there is no activity on the system - so why should I care
that much what is happening on my screen when I'm not using it?

happy hacking

udo

--
  "Well, if we were to build it idiot proof,
        someone would build a better idiot."