> > So what's made Mandrake not open?  The fact that there will be one
> > ad in the
> > installer or the fact that I spoke?
>
> the installer is just a step, like the bookmarks,  the question is
> what will follow

well, the same kind of reproch were made to the club, and now what ?
well nothing special happened.

> the way you speak, and mainly (once again) the way it was found out
>
> everyone here would understand and this thread would never exist,
> if you had possted a note
> " because of the hard financial situation, we are forced to do it"

i hope that everyone here realize that this thread is here because
mandrake added a new section on his website, and some guys posted a
thing to osnews without asking to mandrake what they planned to do.

in case if you wonder, mandrake already had a partnership with oreilly.
and they displayed publicity for the gnu project.

now, what happenned. they setup a new section to their website,
dedicated to their partner.
they also put a link to a page, stating that partner can have their
links in the browser and so on.
this was never announced nowhere, but somehow, someone on osnews see
this.
they read the site, remove everything which is not sensational, and post
it.
and everything begin.
people start to complain that mandrake didn't ask to them what to do
with their own product, and say that they will all swith to debian and
this is unacceptable.

and they complained until mandrake post a clarification notes.

and everything in a timeframe of 8 h. Given the fact that mandrake
direction does not read slashdot every minutes, this is acceptable.
In fact, mandrake listened to their complaints. And this is good.

now, if you thinked thay should have asked to you before if they can
have partnership like they did before, ok, I guess your boss ask you
before choosing a new employee, and everything related to financial
operations ?

> but  why boder informing cooker,
> we value them, but who cares, they'll live with it,
> or some of them might go away, who cares

Well, as stated before, this has been done before, and nobody send a
mail to mandrakesoft. If you feel they should have asked and want to
leave, fine, we cannot force you to stay with us. This is your
decision.

--

Mickaël Scherer