David Foresman wrote:

> >From all my testing.  The crypto works fine from within IPmasq if you have a
> static IP on your inside box (192.168.1.x).  I setup a dhcp server on my
> masq box and received my address internally via dhcp, and i got the Bad Peer
> Address error during crypto install.

Both the inside machines IP addresses and the external gateway
(cable) IP address are all fixed addresses.

During install on the masq'd machine I gave the dotted quad address
of the gateway machine to the installer.

The installer neglects to collect the information necessary to be
able to set up /etc/hosts and /etc/nsswitch.   Also neglects to set
up /etc/lpd, without which how can the test of a remote printer ever
succeed?    Perhaps one day ...

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Mandrake Linux.