On Fri Sep 26, 2003 at 03:29:28AM -0400, Brook Humphrey wrote:

> > Heck, I'm all for it and agree with all your reasons.  But the example is a
> > touch out... wu-ftpd hasn't been in main since 8.2 (last version it shipped
> > in main).
> >
> > Hey, while we're at it, can we throw sendmail in contribs?  =)
> >
> > (Serious about killing wu-ftpd altogether, semi-serious about sendmail)
>
> I'm with you vincent sendmail is well it's. I wont say it would not be nice
> but I would not mind seeing it go. Postfix is more than good enough to take
> it's place for those that choose it as are many other options out there.

Well, let's put it this way.  For about 2 years now I've wanted sendmail in
contribs and if we really needed another MTA alternative to postfix, I have
very nice exim packages on rpmhelp.net and exim is a really nice MTA.

Not that this is a plug to put exim in main (doesn't matter to me... it's
available via rpmhelp.net), but a definite looking forward to not having
sendmail in main anymore.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/