fredagen den 24 oktober 2003 09.58 skrev Eric Fernandez:
> If you remaster CD1, actually there are three big issues :
> - the LG drives problem
> - the updates
> - the default installed applications.
> In KDE, a new install has very few applications installed. It was a nice
> idea to split the kde packages for space reason. What is not nice is
> that KDE seems completely empty after install (and I am not talking
> about the update-menus bug though). This is a bug I reported before, for
> RC1 but also RC2 (bug #5453), and early reviews show criticisms for
> this. Mozilla is not installed by default, there is no KMail, games are
> almost empty...

What is the necessity for this design of very few KDE packages?
How can a newbie be helped in learning to understand Linux by cutting it into
a forced search for missing packages? Is it a political decission against qt?

In reviews of KDE the journalists very often like the many ways to change KDE
in a consistent design. This is helped by kappfinder. What benefits do the
Mdk menu has to change the design of KDE.

Why is the Mdk screensaver the only single coloured way to save the screen.

I don't understand the logic behind these decissions.

regards
guran

--
Slackware Linux Current 9.1 kernel-2.4.22

Only in a society that has 'a priori' defined what is the truth
can the result of the evolution of life be defined false.