[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

"ef2" == ef2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

ef2> If you want that more people test the beta versions, you need to
consider ef2> the human psychology : the more the figure will be big,
the more people will ef2> want to try the distribution. I even suggested
after 9.1 to lie about the ef2> actual release date. Maybe this would
not be really useful though.

I am thinking that if the solution is to apply "psycology", we will have
to told people that we are going to have only 1 RC and then doing 3,
then people will begin to test RC1 instead of beggining testing in RC3
:p

And then what do you do for the next release? Start at RC3, up to RC5?

The only solution is to make people who are going to report bugs do it by
RC1 at the latest.

Maybe there should be a policy on bugs ... bugzilla should not allow new
bug submissions from when RC2 is released ;-).

And maybe only bugs that were reported before RC1 can be voted on?

So if we find a bug that just hadn't been spotted before, should we be reporting a feature? Denying the existance of a bug doesn't mean there is no bug. It just means it wouldn't get fixed.