Le jeu 23/10/2003 à 23:04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
> > BTW, if this ever comes to mdk, plz think that a network neighborhood is
> > not a 'windows' nbh, you can also see nfs shares... Learn from osx, the
> > network browse window shows AppleTalk zones and SMB zones, you do not
> > distinguish them.
>
> Well, at present lisa is so depressing that I can't really suggest lan:/
> over smb:/. If lisa is improved (to show something like this:
>
> LAN Browser:
> -All machines (current content of lan:/, showing all protocols)
> -Windows-compatible (smb:/)
> -Netware-compatible (as yet non-existent ncp:/)
> -Unix-compatible (as yet non-existent nfs:/ or autofs:/)
> -Directory (a better ldap:/, with working AD and NDS support)
> ) then I would agree. But, in a network with more than one subnet and/or
> workgroup, lan:/ is not able to do as well (for smb) as smb:/ (trust me).
> Since there is no precedent on unix for even needing to show an NFS
> browser on the desktop, I don't think it's such a high priority (since
> autofs can take care of it anyway, but can't do the same for most smb
> shares).
>
> We could have had some cred for shipping with an smb:/ icon (since it is
> trivial to do), and do plan on the rest for later. Or we could just wait
> for everyone else to have it first.
>
> Innovation, here we come.
>
> And maybe someone can actually make drakconnect work sufficiently for
> winbind authentication setup to work during installation for people other
> than RHCEs and LPI cert holders.
>
> (sorry, but it's just depressing to see a feature which worked great in
> 9.0 trashed, when there is only one other distro with the same feature,
> and they get rave reviews for it ... and I don't feel confident enough in
> it being working sufficiently in 9.1 and 9.2 to actually do any work
> advertising it - even if it was responsible for getting 10 desktops into
> an enterprise windows network)

I love you , u know it ? ;)
100% agree.
Lindows do it too. it's true that lisa ( and gnome-vfs2 ) should be
improved so that we could have the ability to display everything with a
good organisation. But at this time, with what we have, we should do the
best and there it's putting this icon on the desktop. That's simple !

Note : nautilus need to be patch so that it doesn't display this icon (
cf Home & Trash case )

---
La fourmi n'est pas preteuse : C'est la sont moindre defaut. -- Jean de
La Fontaine, La Cigale et la Fourmi