Just my 2 cents...

since I switched to Linux with MDK8.2,
I've always noticed the XFS daemon (X Font Server)
and the DM daemon (Display Manager) are not started among
the first services to be started.
DM need XFS started before it can be launched.

DM is the services that launch KDE and therefore
the sooner it is started the sooner you will get KDE up.

For example, for MDK9.2,
I moved XFS and DM to S01xfs and S02dm in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rc5.d]$ ll
total 4
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 oct 21 01:40 K15postgresql ->
../init.d/postgresql*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           16 oct 21 01:40 K55routed ->
../init.d/routed*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 oct 21 01:32 S01xfs ->
../init.d/xfs*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 oct 21 01:31 S02dm ->
../init.d/dm*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           18 oct 21 01:34 S03iptables ->
../init.d/iptables*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 oct 21 01:42 S09network ->
../init.d/network*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           18 oct 21 01:46 S11internet ->
../init.d/internet*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 oct 21 01:42 S11portmap ->
../init.d/portmap*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           16 oct 21 01:42 S12syslog ->
../init.d/syslog*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 oct 21 01:31 S13partmon ->
../init.d/partmon*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 oct 21 01:34 S14nfslock ->
../init.d/nfslock*
-rwxr--r--    1 root     root          721 oct 21 19:02 S15fw*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 oct 21 01:31 S17alsa ->
../init.d/alsa*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 oct 21 01:42 S18sound ->
../init.d/sound*
.
.
.
.

it saves me 5 seconds of total boot time

maybe it should be setup like that for MDK10.0 ?

regards,
effco