John Triplett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Netscape 6.0 is really a custumized version of Mozilla.  It is not complete
> they are still at what they call milestone 16.  They have plans for bug fixes
> and features all the way up till milestone 20.  so it will be a while until
> there will be a stable release of mozilla.  Because of this, netscape 6.0 will
> not be offically released for a while.  I have tried netscape 6.0 and found it
> to be okay, but buggy.  I now have a build of mozilla that was compiled on
> 6-29-2000 and it runs a whole lot better, but still buggy.

Personally I have Mozilla M16 and a nightly build downloaded from
www.mozilla.org. It seems to work reasonably well, certainly much better
at rendering nested tables than Netscape 4.x, however it's (Like
netscape 4.x ...) a complete memory/resource hog.

You might want to take a look at galeon (Search for it at
sourceforge.net) which simply embeds the rendering engine from mozilla
in a lightweight GTK+ based frontend, so you get a basic HTML browser
which doesn't eat resources and renders much better than Netscape 4.
It's missing some features but in the past week I've seen bookmarks,
downloading and a simple history added so this is certainly a project to
watch, makes my life ten times easier.

Regards
Lee
--