> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 04:20:24 +0100 (MET)
> "Svetoslav Slavtchev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > I wonder how they do it.
> > > Is there a patch for modular IDE in their kenrel ?
> > > It is officially broken, even in 2.4 .
> >
> > yes, they do have patches both for 2.4 & for 2.6
> >
> > 2.6 patches uploaded
> > CA05-deb-modular_ide
> > DV20-deb-modular_vesafb
> > FC01-deb-cramfs_initrd
>
> I'll have a look at them, thanks :)
>
> > my changelog uploaded
> > CHANGES-2.6
> >
> > my current patch tarball is uploading
> > linux-test9s5.tar.bz2
> >
> > nosrc.rpm && may be rpm after successfully recompile
> > under the same kernel :-)
> >
> > url as always  http://varna.demon.co.uk/~svetlio/cook/2.6/
>
> Nice, why not uploading your package to contrib ?

long time ago i wanted to submit similar multi-user kernel (based on 2.4),
but really a lot of people didn't want yet another kernel :(

but i would be happy if you merge some things and help me to fix the
remaining issues:
- the 3rdparty merge -- make clean after make mrproper
- kernel source ?
- more extra drivers ?

(maybe forward my prism2.5 fixup to the wlan-ng ml
as they don't like my web mail ((patch  MD01..)) and ask them
wether it seems correct).

> Could you please make your kernel config file available so that we can
> discuss a bit more about options ?

they are already there :-)

http://varna.demon.co.uk/~svetlio/cook/2.6/configs-test9s5.tar.bz2

the patch tarball also finished uploading

> > could you add cramfs support ?-)
>
> yes, no problem
> Should I make it an option in mkinitrd ?

initially yes,
but i've the impression that 2.4 could also switch to it,
and may be it will become the default
:-)

> > but how do i find the config option ?
> > i could find only the atm drivers :(
>
> It's called "Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) (EXPERIMENTAL)", in
> "Networking options".

thanks

> > > How to auto detect the right module to load ?
> >
> > they could be loaded unconditionaly after root is mounted
> > (there might be some warnings, but nothing that could harm the system)
>
> Do you want to try to load *all* mouse and keyboard drivers at boot ?
> That might work, but hey, that's not so smart :)

?-)
and what do you mean by all ?

the mostly used are just two(sort of)
the one that was always in the kernel psmouse
and hid (usb stuff)

are there more
(not exotic, and currently handled mouse drivers ?)

> [ about console support ]
> > and these users will run not self compiled kernel ?
> > i'm not that sure :-)
>
> I'll submit a poll on irc channels :)

:-)  interested in the results :-)

svetljo