ftp://ftp.cis.upenn.edu/pub/xv/xv-3.10a.tar.gz

Location of source. It isn't open in the sense of GPL/BSD/Artistic, BUT
the source is available and that puts it a cut above commercial
software.

I don't begrudge the guy the right to sell his efforts, but at least
give him credit for supplying the source code along with it.