Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yoann Vandoorselaere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > Bryan Paxton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > >

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > The problem is that with Helix Gnome you'll have only Gnome or Helix
> > > specific programs.
> > >
> > > The good thing of the menu system is that you have the gnome, kde, and
> > > wm-unaware programs in the menus of all your window managers.
> > >
> > > Okay, this costs a bit of the polished style of Helix Gnome, and it's less
> > > cute. It's good for people who know well Gnome, and the apps that ship
> > > with the distributions. But a newbie will like to have all the apps in his
> > > menus.
> >
> > Ok, so if i follow you, you care about newbies,
> > but not about experienced user ?
>
> Yes, you perfectly got me.
>
> Experienced users most of the time bring their own config files and so on.
> They are likely to tweak the system and they like it. They most of the
> time use their own menus with 4 entries, or only command line..

Ok...

/me take a deep breath.

I urge you to stop being an integrist :
You can't categorise people like you do...

Experienced user know how thing work,
but they do not always want to reinstall package ( like gnome one ) manually
from Helix because the menu peoples here were too lazy to let them have the
choise to have / not have the Mandrake Menus (From the Hell)

> > At least, give them the opportunity to use standard menus, period.
>
> Okay, that's your position, let's not start an endless discussion about
> this, we already know both our positions, it's no use trolling all over
> :-).

That's not trolling.
That's what free software is all about.
I want to have the choise and i want to give the choise to the user
for him to be happy.

Apparently, you do not care, period.

--
"Programming is a race between programmers, who try and make more and more
idiot-proof software, and universe, which produces more and more remarkable