Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> > To make CUPS work with SMB printers it needs /usr/bin/smbspool
> > man smbspool says it belongs to samba-client,
> > The man page is  in there, but samba-client on cooker does not provide the
> > /usr/bin/smbspool
> > script itself.
>
> I once did a spec file for samba 2.0.7, but it never got applied. :-(
>
> since now that you remind me of the old spec that is still on my local
> hard drive ..
>
> I'm going to resend it to the maintainer soon, it fixes this problem that
> you mention, among other things.

I just checked, and in redhat 6.2 update directory there is
samba-client-2.0.7-4utmp.i386.rpm that is fixed with this
regard, i just upgraded to it with --nodeps and cups is finally working.
And if we are speaking about cups -
1. HP4000 is set to 600x600 resolution in cups-drivers, this is wrong since it can do
1200x1200
2. printerdrake is ignorant about cups
3. printtool is just as ignorant.