> Didn't try on Alpha, only on Intel where I never had problems.
Yesterday I removed all the cups packages off of my intel system, and
tried to rebuild the cups package, it gave exactly the same error as I
noted in my previous mail (couldn't find cups header files).

Compiling lpstat.c...
lpstat.c: In function `show_jobs':
lpstat.c:1248: warning: `%c' yields only last 2 digits of year in some
locales
Linking lpstat...
+ gcc -opoll_ppd_base -L-1.1.2/cups -lcups poll_ppd_base.c
poll_ppd_base.c:42: cups/cups.h: No such file or directory
poll_ppd_base.c:43: cups/ipp.h: No such file or directory
poll_ppd_base.c:44: cups/language.h: No such file or directory

I don't beleive it's an alpha related problem. The way I see it the
package needs it's header file (and libs??) to be installed in the usual
place...

Stefan