Stephen and dear Mandrake,

I believe 300MB is still too much.
100MB is my target, 150MB is absolute maximum.

Recently I was re-installing Windows 98 Second Edition.
130MB put on disk (install cabs), then - setup.exe. And -Windows installed!

Additional Compaq stuff (I have Compaq Presario 1800 notebook) takes around
10MB, plus DVD player from Mediamatics. Rather compact.

But, for my old HP OmniBook 5500 notebook (Pentium/133, 16MB, 1.3GB HDD,
Chips&Technologies video) it will not work. (that's my wife's computer)
And, for sure, I will not compile programs on HP Omnibook. :-)

But that machine is still ok, and runs Windows 98 with Solitaire at very
reasonable speed. As well as MS Outlook. Your answer means that this machine
will stay with Win 98 forever...
OK, I can make compromise and run Gnome or IceWM (instead of KDE) on HP
Omnibook - I believe there is some Solitaire, which doesn't need ultra-modern
CORBA-enabled object-oriented browser :-) But as mailing client, I really
like KMail. And KMail needs KDE. Not sure that Evolution will run without
Gnome, so looks like KDE or GNOME has to be installed.

Any advise from Mandrake side?

Best regards,

Vadim