On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Pixel wrote:
|  Vadim Plessky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
|  > I believe it can be replaced by JavaScript, especially taking into
|  > consideration that it is now has ECMA standard (ECMA script)
|
|  do you know any JavaScript interpreter? i don't know any (except including
| in browsers)
|  and JavaScript is no good for text processing

For sure, JavaScript is good for text processing. JavaScript was created as
answer to Microsoft's VBScript, derivative of Visual Basic. And Basic is very
strong in strings manipulations.
As far as I know, all scripts for Active Server Pages are written in VBScript.
I haven't checked yet, but looks like there's Server version of JavaScript
(1.4 or something like this) You can check on
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/

--

Vadim Plessky