    Z> This is not true. I have reported several times that Kde2 beta4
    Z> deletes all windows-managers (not only sawfish or gnome) from
    Z> gdm or kdm.  After installing Kde2 you can't log in any other
    Z> windows-manager than kde2.

The problem may be in the sawfish RPM: I backported to the release
sawfish-0.30.3-6mdk.i586.rpm from freezerburn and gnome is once again
running fine; the only problems I have now are the fonts in the
panel's window-list are off center and most of the applets will not
allow (or act strange) when you try to edit their preferences.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> TeleDynamics Communications Inc