    A> I dont know what you mean. I've been using the latest XFree86 4
    A> since it was released as source code. I run the latest Gnome
    A> from cooker, and i've never experienced a "break of a lot of X
    A> apps". I've even started running the latest 2.4.0 hackkernel
    A> from cooker (self compiled) and it works great too.

Then either you almost never run software, you run only a very few
programs, you only run software you compile yourself, or you are very,
very lucky. (the third reason is the best ;)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
T(C)Inc Business Innovations through Open Source http://www.teledyn.com