For those who own one of bt848, bt849A, bt878, bt879 and the like :

1) BTTV auto config
 in order to support a lot of TV cards, i request all people who have a tv tuner card
to send me
back (and to pixel too) its pci id.
if you don't know how to do it, just send us your /proc/bus/pci and the result of
lspcidrake.
Also give me the module name (should be bttv for most people)
All these cards'll be automatically configured in mdk7.2.

answer to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Note that the new bttv doesn't need anymore the tuner type and the bttv card
parameters :-)
Note also that latest chmouel's kernel (aka 2.2.17-1mdk) has broken bttv :-( (fixing
in progress)

2) KWinTV for KDE2 and fixed xawtv
 Also, if one want to try a KDE2 binary if KWinTV, he can test
ftp://mandrakesoft.com/pub/tv/V4L/kwintv-0.7.99-1mdk.i586.rpm (and of course report
any success (or any faillure :-( ) to me, thanks).

I've also fixed xawtv ressources problem.

3) Easy TV viewers configuration
in order to build an easy tv configurator, i would like to build a database
of kwintv and/or xawtv config files for different areas of the world.
please, send me your config.
(Note that this is a long-term project)

That's all folks!