Hi!

I once used a bttv card (Hauppage WinTV Radio), but now I'm using a digital one
which is not based on the bttv chip. I can't test my old card as I don't have a
free slot any longer (my old board had one more than my new one...).

Question:
Do you plan to support other cards as well ? The DVB support on Linux is
quite well and the drive works for me concerning simple TV viewing. Several
cards are supported. The driver requires i2c modules from lm_sensors (backport
from 2.4 ?). The driver is on www.linuxtv.net. I created a rpm for the
driver which worked on a plin 2.2.16 kernel (did not yet test with the current
one).

BTW: I could neither xawtv nor kwintv to use the DVB driver, so you have to
use the tv application which is included with the driver which is based on
gtk.

> 3) Easy TV viewers configuration
> in order to build an easy tv configurator, i would like to build a database
> of kwintv and/or xawtv config files for different areas of the world.
> please, send me your config.
> (Note that this is a long-term project)

I sent you both the ids from my Hauppage and from DVB-Card when I reported
some problems with harddrake. If you need new info, I can create them
with the latest version.

Best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--