Also sprach Antony Suter :

> Charles A Edwards wrote:

Stefan's question was about which Mandrake package was providing the
virtual 'jdk' package, so as to solve the dependency of ApacheJServ, not
about how to get the jdk himself. It is normal that other distribution
rpm (such as redhat packages distributed by Sun or IBM) doesn't provide
it, as they don't follow the same guidelines. And tarball, by
definition, doesn't provides anything.
Still on the subject, blackdown isn't the official jdk provider for
Linux, just the group that provided the first Linux port. Actually, Sun,
Ibm and Blackdwon all provides official jdk, as Sun licensing is
mandatory (java isn't really open source). And Sun's jdk is reference
jdk.
--
Guillaume Rousse

Murphy's law : If anything can go wrong, it will.
O'Tool's commentary : Murphy was an optimist.