> Also sprach Stefan van der Eijk :
> > My next question is: Should ApacheJserv be in cooker if it's dependant
> > on a package that's not in cooker (for a reason --> licensing)? Why not
> > distribute ApacheJserv on the 2nd Application CD? Or are there other
> > JVM's available which can be put on the cooker CD (licencing). Can't
> > this be done with kaffe or jikes? I'm not into all this java stuff, just
> > wondering...
> I didn't tried kaffee, but it should work with JServ, as it is a
> Java1-compliant jvm. Jikes is just a java compiler, and is not
> sufficient.

I just tried launching ApacheJServ with Kaffe, and it works. However I
wasn't able to *compile* it with kaffe, and the only compatible jdk we
provide is the jdk-sun, in the 2nd App CD.

> If fact, JServ should not requires a jdk (java development kit), but a
> jre (java runtime environnement). So the requirement tag for it should
> be changed, and kaffe should provides this.

In the next release, I will put Buildrequires: jdk, but Requires: jre. I
will ask Maurizio to add Provides: jre in kaffe

In the meantime, a real java hacker will surely know the --nodeps option
in rpm ;-)

> --
> Guillaume Rousse
>
> Murphy's law : If anything can go wrong, it will.
> O'Tool's commentary : Murphy was an optimist.

Jean-Michel Dault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
MandrakeSoft inc, Montreal (Canada)
HTCPCP/1.0 Developper  (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2324.txt)