> > >        <insert>
> > > You can download the RPM from either site. The last time I looked it was 1.3
> > > at IBM and 1.22 at Sun.
> >
> > Note the other post which shows which package 'jdk' is in.
> >
> > Regarding the IBM package: I have IBMJava2-SDK-1.3-1.1.i386.rpm installed.
> > There is no such file in it...
> Stefan's question was about which Mandrake package was providing the
> virtual 'jdk' package, so as to solve the dependency of ApacheJServ, not
> about how to get the jdk himself.
Exactly.

> It is normal that other distribution
> rpm (such as redhat packages distributed by Sun or IBM) doesn't provide
> it, as they don't follow the same guidelines. And tarball, by
> definition, doesn't provides anything.
Yes.

> Still on the subject, blackdown isn't the official jdk provider for
> Linux, just the group that provided the first Linux port. Actually, Sun,
> Ibm and Blackdwon all provides official jdk, as Sun licensing is
> mandatory (java isn't really open source). And Sun's jdk is reference
> jdk.

My next question is: Should ApacheJserv be in cooker if it's dependant
on a package that's not in cooker (for a reason --> licensing)? Why not
distribute ApacheJserv on the 2nd Application CD? Or are there other
JVM's available which can be put on the cooker CD (licencing). Can't
this be done with kaffe or jikes? I'm not into all this java stuff, just
wondering...

Stefan