Leif Sawyer wrote:

> Leon Brooks [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] writes:
> >> John Richard Smith wrote:
> >> Much as I like to hear all the news,and much as I am
> >> interested to hear about MD7.2 developement I cannot
> >> handle 185 e-mails a day.
> >
> > Send them to a different mailbox (your Outlook Express can do
> > this, but I don't do Windows at all now and don't remember
> > the exact commands), and read them when you're ready.
>
> Heck, I'm doing this already, and it's still a whole lot of *@&#$
> that I'm not interested in.
>
> Please!  Split the list up into platform specific groups.  All
> I really care about is Sparc development, and I know for a fact
> that there are others out there who have the same attitude as
> I do.
>
> I'm trying to keep it somewhat sane, but Outlook doesn't offer
> a rule like:
>  "Move all from [cooker] with 'sparc' to <cooker> ELSE delete"

If neither Evolution nor Magellan do, surely you could add the capability.

In Netscape, I would look for sparc in the body and cooker in the To: header,
move those to my sparchive, the have the next filter look for cooker in the To:
header and delete. Netscape is probably getting retired today, as soon as I can
make a @#$%^&* CD set to burn!

--
I suggest you read the material in order of page number.
    -- Charles Kelemen, on a homework assignment