Also sprach Steven Hatfield :

> Hi all,
> I'm having a problem trying to update my Cooker box with the newest RPMS.
> I've mirrored the cooker RPMS directory, and am doing "rpm -Fvh *.rpm" and
> it's working - with the exception of sending the message "cannot get shared
> lock on database" while displaying the "#"s. To verify, I'm running this as
> root on a box that seems to be working just fine...
This happens when two rpm process try to access simultaneously the rpm
database. In fact, even if they are sequential, unlocking the base can
takes sufficient time for the second access to be rejected. Just wait a
bit and re-try.
--
Guillaume Rousse

Murphy's law : If anything can go wrong, it will.
O'Tool's commentary : Murphy was an optimist.