Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Mattias Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > At 12 October, 2000 Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> > > And as for us, we _never_ release a distro with gcc-2.96.
> >
> > To quote Guillaume Cottenceau:
> > "if unfortunately gcc3 will not be out for our next release we will have to
> > find a solution, and it will not be to revert to 2.95 for sure."
> >
> > Have you people at mandrakesoft even discussed this matter?
>
> not really, and as for me i don't agree with gc on this

I was explaining what Chmouel told:

-=-=-=-=-

> > It mean we going to take a highly patched/fixed/modified version of gcc2.96 if
> > gcc3.0 is not ready, we going to usethe save version that the leader
> > has, period.

[...]

What he says is that if unfortunately gcc3 will not be out for our next
release we will have to find a solution, and it will not be to revert to
2.95 for sure.

-=-=-=-=-

And I can hardly imagine us working on fixing compiles with gcc-2.96
during 3 months, then revert back to gcc-2.95 :-((.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/