Joshua Jackson wrote:

> Yes, that's a very good question...
> Can you install/upgrade Mandrake via an ISO on the hard drive?  Like reboot
> and have the ISO initialize during the bootup?  Grant that you would have to
> already have Linux on the system, but like to reformat and install the
> current RC.
> JJ

At my post office is a IBM harddrive of 30GB, waiting to be picked up. I
could really not see any use for that much, so I started to use my
fantasie.

I have a coyote firewall that runs within 12 MB of RAM. With a coming
256 MB of RAM, I could use a piece of it to run a small Linux. This
Linux could then install, by running as a cdrom-filter, my ISO image
onto a newly formatted partition.

Well, that was my initial thought, but I have understood that I somtimes
do day-dreaming.

regards
guran