So sprach guran remberg am Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 10:09:35PM +0000:

> Joshua Jackson wrote:
> >
> > Yes, that's a very good question...
> > Can you install/upgrade Mandrake via an ISO on the hard drive?  Like reboot

Yes.  I think when you use the hd.img or cdrom.img (can't remember), you can
specify that you want to install from an ISO image.

> > and have the ISO initialize during the bootup?  Grant that you would have to
> > already have Linux on the system, but like to reformat and install the

No, you don't.  All you need is this floppy-disk image and the ISO, that's
all.  That is, if I understood you correctly.

How I understood you was, that you have the Mandrake ISO on hard drive and
want to install it without burning it to a CD.  True?

PS: Why did the message from Joshua not get here?  Strange...

Alexander Skwar
--
begin  des Endes der Nachricht
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.dp.ath.cx