So sprach guran remberg am Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 06:54:18PM +0000:

> Thus an iso image is just an image on top of whatever. As certain
> distributions only make iso images public, meaning I can't use an hd.img
> installation, as with Mandrake. So I want to install from a hd - iso
> image.

That's what you mean.  Well, I don't suppose it is possible to do it that
way.  To install a new distrbution (! Mandrake), you certainly have to boot
your machine, and when you're booting, you'll of course unmount everything.
Especially your loop devices.
If the thing you're trying to install cannot be installed from a running
Linux, ie. it has to be booted, and when that thing cannot be installed from
a set of files on some hard drive, you're out of luck.  If it can do the
latter, you can mount like instructed, copy everything in some easily
remembered place, and do the install from there.  If the first case is true,
you may as well install from that mentioned mount point.

I hope I could give you some insight.

Alexander Skwar
--
begin  des Endes der Nachricht