On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> from the quill of Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Franck Martin wrote:
> >
> > > 99% of the people buying Mandrake do not have access to cable
> > modem...
> >
> > Would you mind sharing your authoritative source for this
> > information?
>
> What does it matter?

A more relevant figure would be the number who actually WANT a server
running.

> > Of more relevance would be the proportion of Mandrake users having
> > cable modem access.
>
> Can we just agree that the majority of us should not suffer due to the
> few who are signed up with cable modem providers that have draconian
> AUPs and need badly to be put out of business for sheer stupidity?

More to the point, the majority of us who do not want to find they have a
new system administrator should not get their machines broken into because
someone thought a service might be useful?

Install it, yes. Enable it? Try it and your distro goes straight back to
the shop. Do NOT enable ANYTHING by default.

James.