"Brian J. Murrell" wrote:

> Why is it abuse?  I am paying for bandwidth.  How can you determine that
> one use of it is use and another is abuse considering all uses only move
> bits?

If you want 500MB/sec of download bandwidth guaranteed to you 24 x 7
then you can certainly have it - but you must pay the cost of
dedicated leased lines etc and would have no change from $10,000 a
month.   Unless you are paying that, you are NOT paying for the
bandwidth that you claim to be.

So does not sharing make lots of economic sense?   Yes?  Ipso facto,
all the sharers must submit to fairness rules.   Actually, it works
very well in practice and brings the monthly cost down to something
practical and possible.

--
Regards,

Ron. [AU]