Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Try it with Redhat you'll have the same problem. Graphical installers eat
> memory. (much). sorry. So do higher-level language installers such as Perl
> or Python-based.

Not convinced this is the real answer (I reported this as bug#691)... ftp fails
and nfs works...  so it would seem that the real issue is one of file transfer
with local storage vs remote file access with its inherent remote storage.

This begs the question: for such installs, if a swap partition is available,
would it not make sense to use it for ftp installs (maybe as a temporary ext2 fs
if that would help)...?

Just a suggestion.

Pierre