           --------------==================

[...]

> Well, right, but you did not show understanding of the point. Though you

Well, _I_ thought I did in the above...  :^)

> are right the absence of relevant error message is not good.

As I was wroting my response, bug#691 was being updated with:
+------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  10/31/00 17:37 -------
+Yes, FTP install doesn't work with low-mem configuration, due to mandatory
+ramdisk. Future version will have a better error handling process at that
point.

So we're in agreement.

Sidebar:  Hmmm...  wonder if anyone has a mail filter that pops up a
Flame-o-Meter rating for the author...?  :^)   Changing the font color would
work too; white-hot flames on a white background would give messages from
certain authors the exact appearance I'd prefer...  :^)

Best regards,
Pierre