"Brian J. Murrell" a écrit :

> We should be quite public about the fact that if a hardware vendor
> refuses to support Linux now, it will be shunned and boycotted when the
> time comes that they do want to support Linux.  Let them gamble on not
> supporting Linux now when we need them.  Turnabout is fair play I say.
>
> I will NEVER buy another Iomega product EVER, and I am just biding my
> time until I can shuck my DSL vendor.

Let's make a step forward without polluting too much this list :

- is there already a boycot web site, listing all harware
vendors/manufacturers that should be boycotted, because linux unfriendly
?
- if not, what about making one with
 a/ one list calling for boycott
 b/ one list congratulating those making special efforts towards Linux
(nvidia, phillips, IBM, etc.)

I checked french law rapidly, and calling for boycott is not illegal, as
it can't be assimilated, in that case, to discrimination (ethnic,
racial, sexual, etc...)

If some people are interested into this, contact me directly (NOT
through this list, to avoid out of topic public discussions).