"Vincent Meyer, MD" a écrit :

> While I agree that a boycott might be an interesting approach, it would
> be
> very easy for them to ignore, as Linux is such a small segment of their
> market.
> Once it becomes a bigger segment, there will be so many new people
> flocking
> to buy that it won't MATTER if a handful of us boycott - again they
> won't
> notice.

False. By launching a boycott against Matrox, Linux lobbyists manage to
get the specs for the Millemium card.
How would you react if you receive 2000 emails in a month from customers
telling you they chose X instead of their Y card because of the linux
compatibility ?

This worked for Matrox.

And that's why we now have accelerated drivers for Matrox and Nvidia
video cards : these companies did not pay developers without having
understood that to be Linux compatible increases their sales.