> False. By launching a boycott against Matrox, Linux lobbyists manage to
> get the specs for the Millemium card.
> How would you react if you receive 2000 emails in a month from customers
> telling you they chose X instead of their Y card because of the linux
> compatibility ?

This is a not a boycott, this is simply letting the company know that
there is a market.  The only reason those emails were sent was to get
Matrox to enter that market, not to boycott them.

> And that's why we now have accelerated drivers for Matrox and Nvidia
> video cards : these companies did not pay developers without having
> understood that to be Linux compatible increases their sales.

Exactly, and that's what Linux users should be doing, letting companies
(Linux providers as well as non-providers) know where they are putting
their dollars, that they appreciate attention paid to Linux and that,
obviously they can't use products that are not compatible with their
preferred operating system.  These are POSITIVE approaches in that they
demonstrate the market to the companies.  They are not the same as a
boycott of products or companies.

Cheers --- Larry