on 11/19/00 9:09 PM, Ron Stodden at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Harry, how big is the partition you are installing to?

Oh, about 10 gigabytes.

> If it is too small, the installer gives you a percent representing
> all that it can install in that space.   Did you see this?

Nope, all I saw was three options, one at 300mb, one at 500mb, one at 800mb,
and the custome one, which I selected, with 'ALL' selected.

> Did you OK it at less than 100%?   If yes, then it is helpfully doing
> exactly what you requested it to do, ie, leave out sufficient of the
> lower-ranked packages, including joe.

Well, it turns out that contrary to Geoffrey's arrogant statement, joe can
not be found on ANY of the 4 CDs that I purchased. Neither can ncftp.
Neither can a corrective response from Geoffrey.

> Try again with a bigger partition?

Don't think that's the issue here.

Harry