So sprach Pixel am Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 08:14:00PM +0100:
> the 'ALL' pb is a big pain. If we install too much people complain (eg:
> aspell-cs => 64MB), and in the opposite people complain (eg: complain they have
> X http servers running)

Although I really think he did not choose the right words, he really hit
something true here.  Selecting ALL in combination with a language really
should mean ALL language independent packages plus the packages for the
chosen language.

And that's also the difference between aspell-cs and joe.  aspell-cs is just
the Czech language package for aspell, and thus very likely will only be
used by Czech people plus a tiny minority of others.

Joe on the other hand may be used by a lot more people, that is, by anyone
who's able to speak English.  That would be anyone starting with Linux.

And heck, why should aspell-cs *NOT* be installed when selecting ALL?  After
all, ALL means every available package.  Well, maybe there should be an
option "ALL" and "ALL with EVERY language".

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.dp.ath.cx