Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Geoffrey Lee) writes:
>
> > Yo,
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:50:22AM -0500, Patrick Poncet wrote:
> > > Hey all!
> > >
> > > Upgrade to bonobo-0.28,  oaf-6.1 and GConf-0.11 breaks evolution.
> > > Actualy evolution starts up ok and calendar as wall as address book are
> > > useable but when comes time to check your mail, that's where it all
> > > crashes...
> > >
> > > I first tried to re-compile evolution with libbonobo2-devel-0.28 but
> > > lots of errors due to functions prototypes discrepancies in the new
> > > Bonobo.h.  So I downgraded to libbonobo1-devel-0.23 ***which by the way
> > > had to be done with --nodeps because it conplained it did not have
> > > bonobo-0.23 and for that reason should either be fixed or removed from
> > > cooker***
> > >

> > I am not a gnome expert but I remember some problems with bonobo / Evolution
> > but I don't know if it has been fixed or not.
>
> I'm currently grabbing patches from Gnome CVS to be able to compile
> Evolution with bonobo 0.28..

Well, after several attempts, I won't upgrade Evolution/gtkhtml
using code from Gnome CVS since this code is moving really fast and I
can't simply grab patches from CVS to get an up-to-date Evolution
regarding Bonobo..

But you should be able to use (maybe not completely) Evolution if you
have libbonobo1 installed on your computer : I'm able to run it on my
test machine which is running current Cooker with libbonobo1 (for
Evolution) and libbonobo2 (for Nautilus)..

Sorry folks, we'll have to wait for Gnome guys to upload new version
of GtkHtml and Evolution..

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft